October 31, 2018 | By: Jessica Helmer
Driving Safety Tips on Halloween:
- Slow down and be especially alert in residential neighborhoods. Children are excited on Halloween and may move in unpredictable ways.
- Take extra time to look for kids at intersections, on medians and on curbs.
- Enter and exit driveways and alleys slowly and carefully.
- Eliminate any distractions inside your car so you can concentrate on the road and your surroundings.
- Drive slowly, anticipate heavy pedestrian traffic and turn your headlights on earlier in the day to spot children from greater distances.
Homeowner Safety Tips:
- Keep it Clear – Clear steps and lawns of any tripping hazards (electric cords, hoses, etc.).
- Pet Protection – Put any pets away. The sights and sounds of Halloween may be frightening to them too, which could lead to aggressive behavior.
- Pathways – Keep your sidewalks and pathways clearly lit.
- Store Bought – Save the homemade treats for another time.